In this Article I’m going to show you how to remove Bing redirect virus from mac, bing redirect hijacker is a virus which hijack google search redirect to bing search engine automatically.
Steps to remove bing redirect hijacker virus from mac.
- Open your computer then click on finder option to access your file systems.
- Then click on Applications to access your all applications.
- Find Terminal in Applications folder and then open utilities then double click on terminal to run a command.
- Run a command in terminal to access the hidden files in mac.
- Run this command – defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
- Next command – killall Finder
- Click on ‘Library’ and then the ‘Application Support’ folder then delete all data from .dir folder.
Great Job! you have successfully uninstalled bing redirect virus from mac safari browser or chrome browser.
Note: – You can access your hidden files and folder by pressing
Command + Shift + . (DOT)
To remove weknow.ac hijacker click on this link – https://www.ashipc.com/how-to-remove-weknow-ac-from-mac/
To know what is Bing search engine – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bing_(search_engine)